Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

I believe that customer service plays a big role in your whole shopping experience. It can decide whether or not you return to that store again or if you even buy any items in the first place from that company. "Instead, it relies on customer service so good that customers not only come back but also tell their friends. More than 75 percent of Zappos’ sales come from repeat customers. " Intro to Marketing, Pg 3. An example of a good customer service experience I had was one time I was out shopping at Zia Records, a local record store here in town, and I was having trouble finding a certain CD I’ve been looking for. One of the store employees was walking around and asked if I needed any help. I asked him to help me find the CD I was looking for. He took me to the section of the store where we would find it and it was apparently sold out. Their inventory said they should still have some copies. So he helped me look for the misplaced CD until we eventually found it. About 10-15 minutes pass and one of us finds it. The case was slightly damaged and scratched. Although the CD was fairly cheap already, the employee took an additional 10 percent off of it. I found this experience great because not only did the employee spend 15 plus minutes helping me find a CD, he added on an extra discount on top of it. He made sure that he was going to do all he could to find that CD and making sure that the customer was satisfied. I would 100 percent recommend Zia Records to anyone who is looking for a rercord/novelty/tv/movie store. Not only do they have endless interesting things to look at, they make sure that their customers are always taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment